Welcome to the My Lgbt Plus Parents Page. Our parents page is dedicated to the following:
- to provide resources for LGBT+ youth and parents to utilize together
- to strengthen bonds between LGBT+ youth and parents by creating awareness of topics such as coming out
Below is a menu of resources for LGBT+ and parents
Parents, FamiliesÂ and Friends of LesbiansÂ and Gays (PFLAG) is a national non-profit organization with over 200,000 members and supporters and over 350 affiliates in the United States. PFLAGÂ provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity.
Local Meeting Schedule:
- Fresno Chapter: Second Sunday of each month from 2pm to 4pm at theÂ Wesley United Methodist Church (1343 E. Barstow Ave, Fresno, CA) in the Winterberg Education Conference Building.
- Merced Chapter:Â Second Friday of each month from 7pm to 10pm at the United Methodist Church of Merced (899 Yosemite Parkway,Â Merced, CA).
- Modesto Chapter: Support Meetings on the First Tuesday of every month from 7pm to 9pm featuring speakers, programs or discussions. Social Meetings on the Third Tuesday from 7pm to 9pm to gather, have refreshments and enjoy entertainment.
- Tulare & Kings Counties Chapter: Third Sunday of each month from 3pm to 5pm at theÂ Family HealthCare Network (305 East Center Street, Visalia, CA).